SAVE THE DATES!
Global Day of Action for Climate Change - 350.org
Friday, October 23rd and Saturday the 24th is the day to show UNE's will for turning the tide on global climate change!
Speakers and activities will include:
* Dr. Owen Grumbling on Art and Environmental Amelioration
* Efficiency Maine on home weatherization
* Maine Energy Education Program on electricity conservation
* renewable, alternative energies
* Green Streets on bicycle commuter advocacy
* UNE's Carbon Footprint and green campus initiatives
* Repower Maine answering questions about the American Clean Energy and Security Act
* local farmer panel on Community Supported Agriculture in Maine
* Save Our Water introducing TAPPED, a documentary on the bottled water industry
* Climate Change petitions and Environmental Commitment banner signing
* and more!
Influence your local, state and national leaders to curb greenhouse gas emissions and learn what you can do to reduce your personal carbon footprint by coming out for 350 Day!
The website www.350.org describes this global day of action and the long-term effort to reduce carbon emissions to 350 parts per million in our atmosphere.
Alethea Cariddi, MS Ed
University of New England